July 21, 2010

New Camera!

As I mentioned in my last post, I bought myself a new camera this weekend.  I'm pretty sure that it is the coolest present I have bought for myself, at least in recent memory.

                                            A Fuji Finepix XP10.  It's not this blurry in real life.

I don't know that it is any better than the camera I already had, in terms of picture quality, but it has several things going for it.  It is tiny, so I can take it with me anywhere.  It has a rechargeable battery, so it don't have the added weight of extra batteries to carry with me.  And it came with a 4 GB card, which I may never use up.

The best part about it though, is that it should be Sarah-proof!
It is dust proof, freeze proof, and shock proof, so I can drop it or take it into snowy or dirty conditions.
And. . .it's waterproof, which means I can take it kayaking and not worry about it.
Okay, I'm pretty sure it doesn't float, so I have to worry about it a little, but now I can take pictures on the water!

Ernie is totally jealous!!  (Which is not why I got it, I swear :) )

So for you all, that should mean more pictures that are more interesting.  Yay!

No comments: