September 23, 2014

I think I'm in love

We started painting the boat today.  I had just about convinced myself that boat life was too stressful and I couldn't handle it anymore, but then we got some good work done, and I feel much better about the future of things.  With a fresh coat of paint on her, she is beautiful.  Anti-fouling paint is nasty stuff, and I don't feel good about using it, but for now we had to go with what was in town.  Hopefully next time I can come up with a better option.

So pretty

The morning was super foggy, which was a good indicator that it would be a sunny day.  It took awhile to burn off, but it eventually got up to 60 degrees, which is about the best we could hope for at this late date.  We scraped and sanded and washed and painted.  We put in a new thru hull fitting.  It was all very satisfying.  I should note that when I say we, I mean mostly Ernie, but I did what I could to help.

So shiny   

                                          My my, don't we have a nice rudder.

                                   Hopefully we will be back in the water soon.




No comments: