December 10, 2010

Fame (internet style)

Last night we went to a poster session to see the poster that Ernie made for his GIS class.  We were looking around at all the posters that all of the students made, and I saw one about dissolved organic matter in Auke Lake.  The author had put a picture up of Auke Creek, and I went to point it out to Chris to show him were I work in the summer.  When I looked closer, I saw that my blog address was printed at the bottom (otherwise I might not have known that I had taken the picture).

Someone had stolen a picture from my blog to use on their poster!  (And cited it properly!)

I'm pretty sure that means I'm famous!

2 comments:

OlympiaAnne said...

"dissolved organic matter"? pollution? Septic systems draining into the lake?

Sarah said...

No, although there are some sketchy methods of dealing with septic in the Juneau area, I think that all of the houses around the lake are on city sewer. In this case it is mostly leaves and needles and aquatic plants and maybe a few fish carcasses that contribute to DOM, as well as glacial silt.